Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just around the corner

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why , for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

To follow up on my last post, I think that I have accepted that sometimes we need to let our expectations go. I need to remember and focus on the Lord in this process, rather than what I see. It's hard to always keep that in sight. Thank God for grace!

Saturday's appointment went about the same as Thursday. All is progressing as planned--the ultrasound and estrogen level were good. No changes in our medicine. It looks like there will be about 6-8 eggs that they will retrieve. Dr.Wilshire said probably a Thursday retrieval. We are getting really close now! If Thursday is retrieval, then tomorrow night will be my last day of Follistim. I think that Tuesday night will be the trigger shot (it mimics the hormone your body produces to mature the follicles and release the egg, ovulation in essence). Retrieval will be Thursday morning at an hour that no one in his right mind would be up for! We are excited!

We want to thank you all for your prayers and encouragement! So many of you have continued to ask how we are doing and remind us that you are by our side praying for us. We cannot begin to express just how much this blesses our hearts and reassures us that we are not alone! It is wonderful to see our church, our family and our friends come together in support of us! It is humbling to see the hands of God at work in each of you and through you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

3 comments:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Thank you so much for posting on our blog and praying for us in this journey! I am so glad to have your family's blog now! We can be praying for you all, too, as you continue to trust God with each step. Here's to a great retrieval day and some REALLY GREAT NEWS in the next couple of weeks! :)

DenilleeoDesigns said...

Hey! My mom did this EXACT same procedure! I was talking to her about it the other day and she understood all the weird vocabulary. :O)

Also, I don't know if you've already visited this blog, but I went here a lot when we were trying to get some ideas and reassurance. It's by a doctor who has been doing infertility for 16 years, and he addresses a lot of issues. It's very neat, and if anything just informative. You might enjoy it. http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those babies take! What would you do if all 6 of them took!?!?!? My cousin just had triplets doing invitro! Craziness. :O)

Anyway...we love you guys!

Em said...

Amy, That is so exciting. I remember that last shot of Follistim, the HCG shot, and finally the excitement of retrieval. We are praying for some good news in the next three weeks!!
Em