Thursday, November 13, 2008

Great Expections

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14

For those literary geniouses out there, no, this post is not about the book. What are my great expections for the day? Hmmm.... I'm not quite sure. I do know that they weren't met this morning though.

We went in for ultrasound and estrogen level this morning. (On a side note, I hate mornings; I'm just not a morning kinda gal.) The ultrasound showed 6 follicles. They're getting bigger and growing just as they are supposed to apparently. My estrogen level was right on track and we keep truckin' along with our same dosage schedule. All this to say, I guess I just expected more, bigger or different somehow. Dr.Wilshire encouraged me that all is exactly as it is supposed to be and where he wants us. He said that the egg quality is more important than how many. Right now he wants to grow quality eggs, not just quantity. I guess that means less is more. Which in my head I understand and am nodding in agreement. I don't know how to explain it, I just expected something different. I'm not upset, worried, disappointed or sad, just kinda shaking my head trying to reconcile what I expected with actuality. The problem is I don't really know what I expected. At any rate, he said it looks like retrieval will be pushed back to "late next week". Right now he predicts about 6-8 eggs on retrieval day. Of course each appointment can change things, so that number may change as well.

I trust that God knows what He's doing. He has brought us here. We have learned many lessons along the way. I've never been good with patience, so I'm sure I'm supposed to be patient. It will all be worth it when we see our little one!

1 comment:

Em said...

Hey Amy! Your Dr. is so right! It is all about the quality of those eggs and honestly, you know this, it only takes ONE!! My regular OB/GYN that walked with us for about a year of infertility is a christian and he always reassured me that God was the opening and closer of the womb...we are so fortunate to have all of this technology to help us, but we have to leave it in HIS big, comforting, wonderful hands. I totally understand what you are saying, it is so good to read along with your journey!
Em Stout