Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Alien Invaders



"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! ...When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" Psalm 8:1, 3-4

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

Well for those of you who have ever wondered what eggs in your ovaries look like, the above picture is just for you! All this talk of eggs, I thought I'd post mine. These are not all of them, but these were the best pictures to post. One is of the left side and the other is of the right side. I think they're kinda funny because it looks like ET is staring at you or something!

Our appointment yesterday went great! My estogren level doubled in 2 days and my follicles just took off (meaning they got bigger)! We also had to go back this morning after my last shot of medicine (happy dance, no more daily shots). Dr.Wilshire is very pleased with how I have progressed over the past couple of days. Today he said possibly 10-12 eggs. So tonight will be my trigger shot (my real last shot), sometime between 7 and 8 pm. Then Thursday morning is the retrieval!!!

It has been amazing to be witness to how the Lord has created the body to work. It is hard for me to walk through this process and to think there are people out there who can believe there is no God. The intricate inner workings of us is beyond imagination and can only be the work of a divine and wonderful God! No sludge, crystals, big bang or any other convoluted theory can explain away that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. We are the work of our Maker, He knits us together, He created all that we see and even the things we cannot see and cannot understand. Praise God that we are not accidents!

How Great is Our God! (Psst, it's a link.)

3 comments:

Em said...

Amy!! 10-12 follicles....you go girl! I am so happy the shots are over and you just have big daddy left. Did they tell you to do it in your tummy about two inches from your belly button? I will tell ya, I was a little sore after that one. I am praying for a great little Christmas gift for you guys!! Such a great report!

Amy said...

The daily shots were in my belly. My shot tonight is IM in my booty! Chris gets the joy of giving me that one. I've also done this one before in previous IUI cycles, just a different dose. Sore, painful, I don't care as long we get our little bundle of joy!

Em said...

You have the right attitude my friend. You guys are so close!