Thursday, November 20, 2008

I remember.....no wait I don't!

Hello everyone! I'm back from my slumber and feeling good. I remember I put on the gown backwards. I remember laying on the table. I remember Dr.Wilshire coming in and talking to me about Dr.Fairlamb (a cardiologist who works on my floor). I remember the anaesthesiologist telling me to have sweet dreams. I remember Kim , RN telling me how many eggs they retrieved. Somewhere in the middle I don't remember anything!

This morning went very well--they retrieved 11 eggs!!! Jaime, the embryologist, will call us every day to give us an update on how things are going with the embryo(s). Tomorrow is day 1 and she will let us know how many of the eggs fertilized. From there it's day by day to decide when embryo transfer day will be. We do know that it will be either Sunday or Tuesday though.

As for today at home.... We got home at around 8 am and both of us were tired, so we took a nap until about noon. The rest of the day doesn't get much more exciting or productive for me. I think Chris is planning on doing a few things around the house. I am supposed to take it easy today and tomorrow. Apparently I'm not allowed to "operate heavy machinery" today. I guess driving and mowing the lawn are out then, LOL. Really though, I feel much better than I expected--no pain, just a little tired.

Thanks for all your prayers today, they worked! Please pray for healthy, growing little embryos and good reports each day. Looking forward to giving you guys the daily update!

3 comments:

Em said...

Amy!!! So good the hear the good news! You guys are on the exact same schedule we were on. We retrieved on Thursday..early and then implanted on Sunday. I will continue to pray for your sweet little embryos...isn't it crazy to think you have 11 little fertilized eggs right now? Look forward to hearing how the develop each day. Glad to hear you are feeling well.....

Amy said...

I know! It's so weird to think about that! So you implanted on Sunday, that's encouraging as you're pregnant! Did you guys freeze any?

Courtney said...

Congratulations on your little ones!! :-D I will be praying for them and for you. Keep us posted, and rest up!!