Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tuesday's Update

Well, it's not Tuesday, but we went back to the doctor Tuesday. The appointment went fine and the follicles are growing! They measured 4 of them, but you could see others in there, you just couldn't measure them yet. My estradiol level was fine and we keep trucking along with my same dosage of Follistim.

They always call me in the afternoon to let me know if there needs to be any changes in my medicine after they look at my estradiol level. That's also when they tell me when the next appointment needs to be. So my appointment is Friday. This translates into retrieval being pushed back, so no Saturday retrieval as of now. My guesstimation is Monday or Tuesday for retrieval, which also pushes back embryo transfer. All this is fine, I'm hoping that my current work schedule will still be okay. I had taken off all next week in expectation of retrieval and embryo transfer. I have to be on bedrest like 6 out of 7 days or something like that, so I just took the whole week. If retrieval doesn't happen until Tuesday, that means bedrest will probably spill over into the following week. I'm working at the beginning of that week, so I may have to switch some things around. We'll see.

So pray for continued growth and that retrieval would go well, whenever that happens. Also pray that if need be, I would not have trouble switching with co-workers to get my schedule worked out. Of course, pray that we will have BIG news at the end of this process!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We are praying for you Amy!! Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you. Even if it is bringing you some ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Praying for really BIG news!
Love, Mimi