Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bedrest or Boredom?

Hello all! Well, this is one of the diversions on the agenda today. As you all know I have been on bedrest since Thursday after the transfer. Chris has been very good to me and really I cannot complain. It's kinda funny how if you don't have to be on bedrest you can really not do a whole lot and be okay with it. Maybe it's because you know that at anytime you can get up and go do whatever you want. However, when you are forced to do nothing, how quickly the boredom sets in.

Let's see, a list of my diversions so far.... Well, Chris rented a whole bunch of movies which I have tried to spread out to make them last. We started with Kung Fu Panda, a nice animated funny flick, glad we rented it instead of saw it in the theatre. Next was Frost/Nixon--very good, made me wish I actually remembered what I learned in history class about Watergate. Then, the next morning, I began with an old favorite, Pride and Prejudice. I really could watch that one a million more times! Today I watched Hotel for Dogs--cute little flick. I've also played a lot of Tetris on the Wii as well as Galaga. The classics, you gotta love 'em. No Guitar Hero though as I prefer to stand to play the guitar. I have also played alot of spades online. I love spades and it can entertain me for several hours if need be. Of course, there's the usual email and facebook. Oh yeah, I watched Chris clean this morning! Exciting isn't it?! Just a few more days to go.

Dr.Wilshire said I can go to church tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that outing and seeing PEOPLE!! My dogs are great company, but you do get a little stir crazy for other human contact. I've had lots of time to practice that whole pray without ceasing thing too. Just tossing up little ones here and there throughout the day.

Tomorrow sometime we should hear from Jaime, the embryologist, about or remaining embryos and whether or not any will be able to be frozen. Otherwise, we are still waiting and trying not to think about how far away 10 days is from now seems.

Thanks for checking in, hope I wasn't too boring! Ha Ha!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Which version of Pride and Prejudice do you watch? I hope it's the A&E one...I'm sad I'm not in town to see you at church. Keep us posted on everything and let me know if you need me to help fend off bordeom somehow :)

Em said...

Church was my big trip out every week too. Don't you love it when Dr's let you out for a few hours? You can do it friend, just a few more days.....