Thursday, May 14, 2009

Get in My Belly!

Well, this morning was the big transfer day! At around 8:30am our little embryos got to come home (get in my belly)! We treansferred our 2 best lookin embies. One was at 9 cells and getting ready to compact down, which is on it's was to being a blastocyst (that is the stage when they implant in the uterus). The other one was a 6 cell embryo, Jaime the embryologist thought that it was in process of splitting into the 8 cell stage because of the size of the cells. Dr.Wilshire seemed to be very happy with the 2 we transferred and how the procedure went. Now it's hurry up and wait.

Our other embies will continue to grow in culture until day 5 or 6. Then Jaime will take them out of the incubator and see how they're doing and whether or not they can be freezed (meaning continuing to grow and develop). We have 2 embryos that have pretty much stopped growing that we know of and a 5 cell and another 6 cell that are still in culture. We have hope that the latter two will continue to grow and be able to be frozen!

In the meantime, here I sit on bedrest for the next 3 days at least. I had already switched my schedule around in anticipation of a Saturday transfer. So I have an extra 2 days off in addition to my 3 of bedrest. I will probably continue to stay on bedrest those additional 2 days. The embryos will continue to grow and expand in my belly the next couple of days and then implantation usually takes place on day 5 or 6. So in hopes of implantation I will stay down through day 6 or 7. Hopefully, boredom won't kick in too bad. Back to work on Wednesday of next week. I will actually return on the night shift. Strangely enough, I'm kinda glad to go back on nights that week because it is less stressful and busy. I can sit more and in general it is just a more mellow shift. (This is not to say that we don't work on night shift, we do, it's just a different pace.) I'm hoping that will also help encourage implantation and continued pregnancy. Of course, ultimately it is all in God's strong hands!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and continuing to check in with us. Your support is precious and much appreciated. I would ask mostly for the prayers for patience in this long wait to find out, 2 weeks seems like forever. And as always, pray that we are pregnant with baby Earhart!

5 comments:

Bld424 said...

I'm praying for you! I have also had issues with babies... and now I have an awesome medical team and am 30 weeks pregnant!

I hope you can catch up on fun things while you are on bedrest - like abc.com shows, frivolous novels, or phone calls with friends.

PS - I randomly found your site this week through friend-of-friend links.

Em said...

So exciting Amy....I will be praying. you keep me posted friend. Thanks for updating the blog...I check it often for info.
Em

jenny said...

I found your blog! Yay! Now I can read what you write AND see on Sundays!!! Except, not this Sunday...but you know what I mean :)

Amy said...

Mrs.Haid,
Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm so glad that you found me. Do you have a blog? Thanks for the encouragement!

Emily,
You are so wonderful! Always encouraging, even when your hands are full! Congrats on Camden, we are very excited for you!

Bld424 said...

Yes, here is my blog address:

http://www.fabulousmrshaid.blogspot.com and http://fabulousbabyh.blogspot.com.

I also realized that we go to the same church! But we go at 8, and then of course you are resting these days.

Do you go the Center for Maternal Fetal Care over at Boone Hospital Plaza? It is amazing. It is so high tech and Dr. Grant is phenomenal "keeping people pregnant". There are so many success stories coming from that practice!

ALSO, do you just live on Sweet Tea? Could you put a McAlisters on the north side of town, with a drive through, to help with my tea obsession!? haha.