Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tuberville Fired...BAD IDEA!

Well, I don't know if you have heard. I just found out myself that Auburn fired head coach Tommy Tuberville. Now, for those of you who don't really watch Auburn football and only ask me about it to be polite, this is BAD! I realize we had a bad, no horrible and horrendous season. That does not change the fact that he IS a good coach.

He did a lot for our team at Auburn including leading us to an undefeated 13-0 season. We had 6 straight wins against Alabama. Not to mention this is the first losing season of his 10 year tenure at AU. His record speaks for itself. Not to mention that from an academic and discipline standpoint, he was a strict guy. He kept our guys in line. Unfortunately, in SEC football the only season that counts is this season. It's a tough conference and the coaching carousel goes round and round. I believe this stupid mistake will cost Auburn several bad seasons to come.

To those idiots at Auburn who made the decision to fire him, I look forward to saying I told you so. See some other program is now going to snatch him up, and go on to a national championship. I'm sure of it. Then what will they be saying?! Oh, I'm so mad I could just boycott AU football. Only, I won't. As much as I am frustrated about this, it is my alma mater. I love Auburn, and I love the Auburn Tigers! I look forward to better times and remember all the wonderful friends and memories I have from there. That is what makes Auburn special!

No comments: