Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lillian's Room

We are so excited about getting Lillian's room together! Unfortunately we can't start that yet as we have no furniture, no bedding etc. All in due time though! I have been looking at bedding but have not found anything that I particularly like. Everything is SO pink. I have nothing against pink, I actually like pink, but I don't really want a room full of it. That is really hard when it comes to baby bedding for girls. Soooooo.... I went fabric shopping. My aunt agreed to make Lillian's baby bedding, and I just can't wait! What a wonderful gift Aunt Carolyn has with sewing and how much more special will her room be because of it! Below are pictures of the fabric I picked out.





Top: Dust Ruffle, Crib Sheets.
Bottom: Quilt Fabrics, Inside/Outside Bumpers

Now before you write me any notes telling me about the controversy about crib bumpers, I am aware of it. I have read about both sides. I have no objection to the crib bumper. Disagree if you will, that's okay.

Anyway, I can't wait to see it all put together! I'm calling the theme "Love Grows"!

4 comments:

Bld424 said...

I think bumpers are great for babies who are mobile! Otherwise our son would have all kinds of lumps on his head from bumps. I found that threading the bumper through the crib slats keeps it taut and less likely to be a safety hazard. I LOVE the white/red fabric!

Judy Neagle Conley said...

Beautiful oriental colors!

Michelle Heck said...

Love the colors! Welcome to motherhood where everyone will give you all of their unwanted advice and opinions :) So excited for you! I can see you are enjoying every minute of it. Let us know when you get registered.

The Jesters said...

Lillian's room will be beautiful, I can already tell!