Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

I told Chris this evening that I don't think I'll ever get tired of telling him Happy Father's Day! Finally having our Lillian (although not home yet) makes saying that phrase sooooo sweet! So to celebrate Father's Day, Chris got his first Father's Day card. (He is going to be an AMAZING Dad!) We finished registering at Target. We also spent it working on Lillian's room!

Last night Chris put the crib together.

I also washed the Lillian's clothes. I cleaned out the closet in her room, bought a few hangers, and hung the clothes up!

Starting to put the room together makes it truly feel like we will be bringing our precious Lillian home for real soon! It's just amazing! I would add, though, that it also makes the wait all the harder! I want to hold her and love on her NOW! How can you miss someone so much that you've never met?! In the meantime I will stare at my current favorite picture of her and pray!

3 comments:

Bld424 said...

What a beautiful photo of YOUR baby! I am praying for the entire process for you, too.

You might like this blog http://afr2007.blogspot.com/ - my friend Ashley has just completed an international adoption and she writes about it and her journey with God and its a nice read.

What a beautiful crib! Good job constructing it, Chris!

The Jesters said...

You guys are already great parents! Anyone who can assemble a crib definitely has the skills required. haha!

Molly O said...

Oh my, just saw all those clothes in the closet and they're making me want to go shopping for Adela!!! It takes all my willpower to look and not buy when we're around kids clothes.
BTW, if you have a Sam's membership, they have low prices on Carter's clothes : )