Sunday, May 16, 2010

Are we there yet?

We are far from there yet....but still, I keep hoping. We sent our I-600A form off last week. I know, I know, what's that?! It's the petition you file for advance placement of a child. Basically it's the visa and a form that when it's approved makes the child a US citizen once he/she is on US soil. It takes a little while for that to be processed, probably upwards of at least 8 weeks. Good thing is you can file it before you get your referral (the call stating there is a child for us). But for now, we wait.

I must say it is very hard to concentrate knowing that any time we could get a call. Everytime the phone rings, I wonder (and quickly check the caller ID) "Is this the call?" Somehow I need to find a diversion. I pray a lot....but I still think about it. I read adoption books, I look at baby stuff online, I think about what Taiwan will be like, what it will be like when he/she is home. Anway, for now, I'll just have to wait and imagine.....

1 comment:

The Jesters said...

I can't wait for the news that you've received your referral! Praying for patience & peace with God's timing for you both.