Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Home Study Madness

Well we've had 2 home study visits now. The first was last Thursday with the both of us. Robin, our social worker, asked mostly basic questions to the both of us. How did we meet? What do we like about each other? When and where did we get married? Etc. It lasted about an hour and a half.

Today, I had my individual interview. It wasn't bad. She asked a lot of background questions and some questions about adoption. I think it went fine. I do find myself wondering if I sound crazy or not though! Overall I think the process is going well. The next visit will be Chris's individual interview. That will happen after spring break. Robin is going on vacation for spring break with her family.

I do find myself more and more wishing and hoping that we are able to pick up our child soon! I'm doing all kinds of crazy things like shopping online for cribs and bedding. Thinking about onesies, carseats, and strollers. I keep trying to figure out just what exactly is appropriate for me to be doing right now. I even bought a book, What to Expect in the First Year, to read about what stages and milestones our little one will be approaching when we bring them home. Man, I feel like a nut. Is this the equivalent of "nesting" that a lot of pregnant women go through? Am I crazy? How is it possible to maintain this kind of excitement? I'm trying to keep myself in check though. I haven't bought anything....yet. I just can't wait to get my hands on that precious one! Oh patience, Lord, patience....for me that is!

2 comments:

Em said...

You are not crazy...you are a mom! I am so excited for you Amy!! You should connect with Stef Head, she went through this too. Love the blog...

The Jesters said...

You're definitely not alone, based on my conversations with other friends who have adopted. The waiting/anticipation is the hardest because you're so limited in knowing what you need at this point and yet you want to be prepared! You guys will do great, though!